LG has announced the Optimus GJ (E975W), the company’s first waterproof smartphone in Taiwan. It has similar specs as the Optimus G including a 4.7-inch (1280 x 768 pixels) True HD IPS + Display and is powered by a 1.5 GHz quad-core Snapdragon S4 Pro (APQ8064) processor. It has IPX7 ratings for water resistance. It runs on Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) and packs a 13-megapixel rear camera with an LED flash and a 1.3-megapixel front-facing camera. It is slightly thicker than the Optimus G at 9.39 grams but it lighter than it at 141 grams. Even though this is a waterproof phone, this has a removable cover and replaceable battery.
LG Optimus GJ Specifications
- 4.7-inch (1280 x 768 pixels) True HD IPS + Display
- Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) OS
- 1.5 GHz quad-core processor Qualcomm APQ 8064 processor with Adreno 320 GPU
- Dimensions – 136.9 x 68.9 x 9.39, Weight – 141.2 grams
- 13MP camera with an LED flash,
- 1.3MP front-facing camera
- 2GB DDR2 RAM, 16GB internel memory expandable memory up to 64GB with microSD
- 3G, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, MHL, GPS / aGPS
- 2280 mAh battery
The LG Optimus GJ comes in Glittering Red and Black colors. It is priced at 17900 New Taiwan Dollar (~US$ 598) and is expected to go on sale in Taiwan in June 2013.