Samsung has officially launched the Samsung Galaxy Star (GT-S5282). IIt was announced last month along with the Galaxy Pocket Neo and went on sale online earlier this week. It packs a 3-inch (320 x 240 pixels) capacitive touch screen display, powered by a 1 GHz processor and runs on Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean). It comes with a 2-megapixel rear camera, 2G (EDGE) support and has Dual SIM support with Smart Dual SIM feature that enables the user to receive calls on one SIM number while taking a call from the other.
It has Intelligent Motion UI that maximizes smart features for the most responsive, intuitive user experience. It comes pre-loaded with ChatOn, Samsung’s cross-platform messaging service and has Google Now. It has pre-loaded apps from various categories including e-books, games, news, navigation, productivity, social networking and more.
Samsung Galaxy Star (GT-S5282) specifications
- 3.0-inch ( 320 × 240 pixels) capacitive touch screen display
- 1 GHz processor
- Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) OS
- Dual SIM (GSM + GSM)
- 2MP camera
- 11.90 mm thick and wighs 100.5 grams
- 2G (EDGE), Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, micro USB
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio with RDS and Recording
- 512MB RAM, 4GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 32 GB with micro SD
- 1200 mAh battery
The Samsung Galaxy Star is priced at Rs. 5,240 (MRP), but it available at a market price of Rs. 4990. It comes with 250MB of free 2G data per month for 2 months from Vodafone. This offer is available for customers who purchase the the device within July 31 , 2013.