After specifications and images leaked of the HTC Desire P and the Desire Q hit the internet last week, the former is now officially listed onHTC’s Taiwanese website. The handset is expected to sport a 10,900 Taiwan Dollars price tag that roughly converts to Rs 19,200 in Indian currency.
According to the official website, the Desire P sports a 4.3″ display, and mentions that it would run on the Android operating system with no explicit version mentioned, which is a bit strange.
Other notable tech specs of the HTC P include:
- 1 GHz dual-core Qualcomm processor.
- 8 MP camera with LED Flash and WVGA high-resolution recording capability.
- 768 MB RAM.
- Android OS; requires micro SIM.
- 4 GB internal storage.
- microSD card slot with support up to 32 GB.
- Ambient light sensor, accelerometer.
- Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi, GPS with GLONASS, and USB connectivity.
- 1620 mAh battery.
While the leak also talks about another mid-range smartphone, the HTC Desire Q, that one hasn’t been made official at this stage, its rumoured tech specs suggest that it packs in a 4″ display and cost $235 (Rs 13,000 approximately). Early days, but going by the specifications of the Desire P, they look very similar to those of the Desire X with a slightly larger screen but again, with the same WVGA resolution. We will confirm our observation once the phone is launched here. However, the India pricing or availability is not known yet.